Join those endorsing Judge Craig Smith for reelection to the 192nd Civil District Court.
Click here to view the complete list of endorsers to date.
Thank you for taking a few moments to visit the campaign. I am proud to serve you and I appreciate that you have entrusted me with this important work.
I am now seeking my third term as Presiding Judge of the 192nd Civil District Court. Since my election in 2006, I have worked very hard to earn your trust, and I am very proud to have been recognized as the 2008 Trial Judge of the Year by the American Board of Trial Advocates and to have received the 2008 Hartman Judicial Pro Bono Service Award from the Dallas Bar Association. More recently, I was elected President of the Texas Association of District Judges.
Justice is at the heart of our society, and I take my job very seriously. I have worked diligently to live up to the pledges I made to you during my 2006 and 2010 campaigns to put fairness first, and to make justice accessible to everyone. I look forward to continuing to serve you.
Judge Craig Smith
192nd Civil District Court
ABOUT JUDGE SMITH
- Elected Judge of the 192nd Civil District Court as a Democrat in 2006 and re-elected in 2010.
- Elected President of the Texas Association of District Judges in 2010.
- Recognized as the 2008 Trial Judge of the Year by the prestigious American Board of Trial Advocates.
- Awarded the 2008 Hartman Judicial Pro Bono Service Award by the Dallas Bar Association.
- Board Member, Dallas Bar Association Community Service Fund.
- Accumulated over 25 years of civil trial experience as an attorney in private practice before becoming a Judge.
- Has achieved rare Dual Board Certification in Civil Trial Law and Personal Injury Trial Law from the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
- As an attorney, was a frequent author, lecturer and expert, including appearances in the Wall Street Journal and ABC's Primetime.
- Has held numerous leadership roles in legal professional organizations such as the Dallas Bar Association, the American Board of Trial Advocates and the National Board of Trial Advocacy.
- Named a Texas Super Lawyer three times, 2003-2005.
- Graduate of Texas Tech University School of Law and the University of Texas.
- Has resided in Dallas County for over 25 years.
- Married for 22 years with three children.
- Community activities include present and past service with AIDS Services of Dallas, YMCA, Habitat for Humanity, North Texas Food Bank, Union Gospel Mission for the homeless, The Family Place and others.